Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TREK

What a great month July is...I usually think about how lucky we are to live in this great country and have the freedoms that we do. This year our ward decided to go to Wyoming and do a pioneer trek for Youth Conference,so I had a lot more to think about. What an amazing experience it was. I was pretty excited to go but had no idea it would be as great as it was.

It was great to be able to go and have Garrett there as well. What amazing kids Jason and I have. Garrett had to talk about a pioneer story he read and then give a spiritual thought. He talked about the wonderful heritage he has from both the Marshalls and the Stahelis. He shared a couple of experiences about Grandpa Staheli and Great Grandpa Marshall and then bore his testimony. I am so proud of him.

I am so grateful for the fact that I did not have to come across the plains. We walked about 18 miles in 3 days I can't imagine walking that far in 1 day. Over all it was a lot of fun and a very spiritual experience.

No comments: